Monday, February 20, 2012

Classic burger joint... the truth is out.

Well, finally someone had the courage to say it as it is... We all know that during lent  or al siam (the period of fasting which starts today and last until Saturday before Easter) many Christians abstain from eating "red" meat and focus on "white meats" such as fish which is why international chains give us the fish menu - or the ads of it - during this time (this blog has reviewed them so many times that the matter ended up being "fishy") but finally, someone really said things as they are: "Only during lent" goes the Classic Burger Joint. YES, of course! Why suddenly there's a proliferation of ads about fish menus? Because of the above mentionned reason naturally. Somehow everyone is too shy to say it. And even went a bit further than expected visually and inserted the fish symbol as early Christians used to draw it (which has now become this):
Maybe that's one step too far but well, someone at least has the courage to reveal the reason behind their ad.

6 comments:

M.II said...

100% true 0

Geoana said...

Love it !

Rio said...

I am tired of hearing people trying to prove that they exist. Christians don't need to prove anything to anyone. No one is blocking their right to exist.
Insecurity comes from within.
I am Christian and proud. I need not prove it to anyone..

Tarek Chemaly said...

In case the aim of this post did not come through, it was NOT about proving that Christians exist (and if you noticed, I slapped Classic Burger Joint on the hand for using the fish in such a blatant way). But for ONCE someone mentionned lent and addressed a clearly defined target audience.... So I am not paranoid either.... And I do not need to prove my existence to anyone either.

Aya Al Bawwab said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tarek Chemaly said...

Aya, I am an ex-adman if you wish.... I spent years enough in the industry - so yes I used to be an adman... Now the secret is out!