Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Iron fist... Duplicated?


I am not saying they did, I am not saying they didn't.... But the hand/fist in the above ad (which is supposed to be a reference to spikes in barbed wires) resembles too closed the hand/fist in the Pirelli ad (the slogan ad says "in the heart and on the borders:). On all accounts, I go back to the tyre brand's motto "Power is nothing without control." And a lot of control is being required from our armed forces.... so as for them to exert power.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They both used a hand. Big deal.

People like you, who lack an understanding of what plagiarism means, are what make the industry a sad place to work.

Tarek Chemaly said...

Yes, true, it is the fault of people like me. Not the fault of overrated creative directors with egos big enough to park a car under their shade, not the fault the client servicing department who is so petty it bows down to the client's every whim out of fear of losing the account, not the fault of the client itself some ignorant hillbilly who wants to teach you what design is, not the fault the media booking houses who are out to take short cuts in cut-throat pricing wars... Do I continue? So if the advertising industry is a sad place to work in because of me, then well, perhaps I have much more importance than I thought. And, for whatever's worth, I did say "perhaps they did, perhaps they did not" giving them the benefit of a doubt. And last but not least: I write under my own name because I am not ashamed of my views. Pleasure knowing you Mr. Anonymous.